How to Overcome Anxiety and Nervousness


First, we must know that the anxiety o­ne suffers from falls under the category of things for which o­ne’s sins are expiated. If he is patent, seeking a reward from Allaah, he will be duly rewarded. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with someone reading those prophetic invocations that help dispel anxiety and nervousness, invocations such as the following:
"O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your sevant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your Hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You 0 Allaah — by every name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You. That You make the Qur'an the life of my heart and the light of my breast and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety ." 101
إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allâh)], Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers." 102
فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَكَذَلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress. And thus We do deliver the believers (who believe in the o­neness of Allâh, abstain from evil and work righteousness). 103
There is nothing wrong with performing Ruqya over yourself, for the Messenger of Allaah iH used to do so when he would read the last three chapters of the Qur'an, blow o­n his hands, and then pass those hands over his face and the rest of the body.
(Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaimeen)
____________________________________________
101 Ahmad 1/452, 391
102 Surah Al-Anbiya : 87
103 Surah AL-Anbiya : 88

Comments

Popular Posts