The Poem That Made Imaam Ahmad Cry

 If my Lord asks me,

'Have you shyness in disobeying Me? you conceal your sins from My creation - and with sins you come to me."

So how will I answer? O woe to me!
-
Please click HERE to listen to this beautiful, heart-trembling poem...

It is reported that one of the companions of Imaam Ahmad, rahimahUllaah, recited the following poem to him. This caused the Imam to suddenly leave the gathering and enter his house where he could be heard reciting the first verse and weeping loudly. The students remarked that the imaam cried so much that it was as though he would die.

Others said that someone came to Imaam Ahmad and said what is your opinion about poetry, the Imaam said: What poetry? He said this: (then narrated the poem), the Imaam started to repeat the lines of poetry and cry so much, that his cry sounded like the cry of a child and some of his students said that the Shaykh will die from the increased amount of crying.

Comments

Popular Posts