Who do you follow ?

"When I say something contradicting the Book of Allaah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), then ignore my saying." - Abu Haneefah, rahimahUllaah
Al-Fulaani in Eeqaaz al-Himam (p. 50)

"Truly I am only a mortal: I make mistakes (sometimes) and I am correct (sometimes). Therefore, look into my opinions: all that agrees with the Book and the Sunnah, accept it; and all that does not agree with the Book and the Sunnah, ignore it." - Maalik ibn Anas, rahimahUllaah
Ibn 'Abdul Barr in Jaami' Bayaan al-'Ilm (2/32)

"The sunnahs of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) reach, as well as escape from, every one of us. So whenever I voice my opinion, or formulate a principle, where something contrary to my view exists on the authority of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), then the correct view is what the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has said, and it is my view." - Imaam Shafi'i, rahimahUllaah
Taareekh Dimashq of Ibn 'Asaakir (15/1/3)

"Do not follow my opinion; neither follow the opinion of Maalik, nor Shaafi'i, nor Awzaa'i, nor Thawri, but take from where they took." In one narration: "Do not copy your Deen from anyone of these, but whatever comes from the Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his Companions, take it; next are their Successors, where a man has a choice."- Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, rahimahUllaah
Fulaani (p. 113) & Ibn al-Qayyim in I'laam (2/302)
 
MaashaaAllaah! May Allaah have mercy upon them all, aameen!

Comments

Popular Posts