Random Thought of the Day

Have you ever been called an extremist? I really dislike using the word, and hearing it being thrown around easily. Now I'm not talking about your CNN/BBC secondhand information extremism. I'm talking about the phrase used to describe those who are practicing, and trying to be on Siratul Mustaqeem. "You're such an extremist..." "Why you gotta be so extreme?" "Watch out, you're becoming an extremist..." These phrases are something that are far too familiar. The sad part is, most of these phrases are used by Muslims to describe other Muslims, who are most of the time, just trying to follow the Sunnah. The path to Siratul Mustaqeem is not one way or the other, it is the Straight Path, the MIDDLE path; not to one extreme or the other. And following the Sunnah, Prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa salaam, is always the best of examples, always sticking to the middle, never straying too far off into one direction. So why is it now trying to apply the Sunnah into your everyday life is seen as extreme? "Oh, she wears the jilbaab/niqaab now? Isn't that kind of extreme?" "You won't shake my hand, girl, that's extreme" "You go to all these lectures? Isn't that a bit too much?" Allahu Musta'an! I AM NOT AN EXTREMIST! I'm just tryna to follow the Command of Allah, 'azzwajal, and if you think that is extreme, you are clearly mistaken! It hurts me to know that at times people look at me as extreme, when really, it's themselves who are extreme... May Allah grant me some strong SABR when it comes to dealing with these kinda folk. Ameen.

Comments

Popular Posts